Saturday, September 11, 2010

Two Things of Note

First--I have a story to share.

My oldest younger sister (I have three sisters, all younger than me) has a lock on the outside of her door. And she has a strange habit of locking herself in her room. :) I walked to her room, not thirty minutes ago, and tried the door--locked. I unlocked it, and walked in. "Alex, you locked yourself in your room again." I said. She shrugged. "I don't remember locking it. Seriously--someone must have locked me in."

I did a seriously dumb thing just then--I demonstrated. "See, look," I said to her. I walked outside the room, and closed the door behind me, locking it. "See? That's how you lock yourself in your room all the time."

But what is really dumb about what I had just done was that I had locked us both in. Score one for insanity, Jake! Yeah, sure, we were rescued in five minutes or so--after pounding on the door and laughing ourselves silly at my stupidity. The story has already been told three times--undoubtedly it will be told even more in the days to come.

Hopefully that brought a smile to your face. I'm smiling while writing it. :D

And second--today is 9/11. I can't sum this day up with simple words, so I'll let someone do it for me; Squeaks wrote a great blog post on it here.

--
Jake

2 comments:

RED~Scribe said...

That's funny. And yes, I was grinning the entire time I read that. One time my sister locked our bedroom door and didn't unlock it before she fell asleep. I had to sleep on the futon that night.

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

That's hilarious Jake! Sounds like you've got an awesome family!! XD (thanks for the link too!)

Squeaks.