Thursday, September 2, 2010

Good Weather Again! And a Lament

No matter what the heat, good weather (namely, cool weather, cloudy weather, rainy weather, and wintertime) will come again! :)

And so it has. The temp has dropped dramatically, and even as I write this the first drops of rain from a windy thunderstorm begin to fall. :) I love this weather!

I'm reading two series right now, BOTB (Binding of the Blade) and...uh, I forgot what the series is called for a moment (it's the algebra that's making me lose my memory!), but I reviewed the first book on my blog, Across the Face of the World. But I have to go to the library to retrieve the last book, and I have until 9:00 Central Time to get it. :) The race has begun.

But other than personal stuff, I don't have much to discuss. I recently wrote a lament for a certain city that is going to fall in an upcoming novel (I really like to plan ahead!), so perhaps I'll share the rough draft of it with you; I'm planning to edit it later. Refine it would be a better phrase. :)


A Lament for Jiliasil
Composer; An Unknown Sadaar


Over the horizon comes the Dawn,
Bringing with it hope and light,
Over a city the azure Sky yawns,
Driving out the hanging night.

It shines over a battle's reward,
Blood-red shines the sun on over,
Jiliasil has been put to the sword,
The Golden Age of the Sadaar is over.

O for the streaming banners bright,
That had once flung their emblems high,
Jiliasil has lost its fight,
Its people are on the fly.

O for the strong walls tall!
Standing against many a might,
But yet let Jiliasil fall,
It has fallen under night.

O for the marketplaces great,
Goods and cloth and wares,
But even these have met their fate,
And Jiliasil despairs.

O for the towers tall and strong!
Shining white among the Sun,
But e'en in there sings no song,
For its people have fled and run.

O Jiliasil Great! Sadaar's stronghold,
Fallen from glory and fame are ye,
But your walls are broken, as was foretold,
And your people have left to flee.

--
Jake

1 comment:

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

Nice poem Jake! The word "Jiliasil" just rolls of the tongue perfectly :) 'tis awesome!

Squeaks.