Monday, September 6, 2010

Sometimes Life is Not Fair...

...And sometimes it kicks you and rubs salt into the wound.

Recently there was a concert nearby; Rock the Lights, I believe it was called. It had awesome bands like Skillet, TFK, MercyMe, etc. Unfortunately, it cost a small fortune, so I was unable to go. I really would've liked to, as TFK and Skillet are two of my favorite bands.

Now, my dad does not like Skillet at ALL. If 'Awake and Alive' comes on the radio, he turns it off. He compared that song to Chinese--he said the 'Waking-up" part had an accent.

If ANY Skillet song comes on the radio, he will reach over and nonchalantly turn it off or to a different station. Like I said; he and Skillet are like water and fire.

Now, Sunday morning comes (the Skillet part of the concert was that evening), and an Elder from our church that was organizing it (not that he was old or anything!) asked Dad to do something with security at the concert, getting a ticket for free--and he accepted.

Turns out, when he finally gets there (after buying a black T-shirt to look intimidating), he is put on crowd control. Which means he is closer to the bands than ANYONE ELSE. Oh my goodness. My sister sent me a text, after talking to Dad on the phone, that read like this;

"Dad is like this close to Skillet RIGHT NOW:
Dad Skillet"

Dad does not like Skillet. Dad gets to go to a Skillet concert and stand so close to the stage that when fire that bursts out of nowhere every time the band says 'Hero', he can feel it on the back of his neck. Dad says his ears are still ringing.

Like I said. Sometimes life is not fair...

...and sometimes lets your Dad go to a Skillet concert for free. :P Sheesh.

--
Jake

4 comments:

RED~Scribe said...

I FEEL SO SORRY FOR YOU!!!!!!! I'd probably be sobbing if I were you. You're so right that life isn't fair. But that's terrible. Kinda like us and Rock The River.

Actually, I'm sitting here at the computer and laughing in disbelief. Not that it's funny, but I just heard Awake And Alive about five minutes before I read this. Have you ever checked out the online station "ChristianRock.net?" I highly recommend it. (Wow, that was random!)

Nolan said...

Oooh... that smarts.... *slaps self for saying "smarts"*

Anonymous said...

Ouch ouch ouch ouch OUCH! That is all I can say man. Ouch! I'm sooo sorry! Just think, when your old enough to do that Skillet will be out dated and John Copper will have retired... Opps sorry that was meant to help. :(

I'm sorry think stinks.

Goldarrow
http://www.heedtheprophecies.com/theunderground/

RED~Scribe said...

Have you seen John Cooper lately? I seriously doubt that he's thinking of retiring.