Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Collection of News, Stories, Updates, and a Black Spoon

Long title, eh?

Anyway, as you can see, I have updated my profile picture. :) It's of a partially wooden pen someone gave me once laying on our tile.

For other news, I have books in at the library! Whoopee! Not that it was essential for you to know that. :)

And as for the black spoon--oh, darn. I spelled it wrong. I think it's 'the Blak Spoon'. XD But he was a warrior--a Hero, in fact--in a book I read.

Speaking of warriors, my middling sister and I (the sister that is in the middle of the 'youngest sisters' group) have developed a habit of 'sparring' every day. You see, she is a die-hard Christian fantasy lover and has a remarkable word count of 15,000 words on something she is writing--and she's, what, ten? :) The only problem is that she won't let me see it--but that's all I deserve, after all. I won't let her see my writing. :)

Anyway, we spar using our arms. We literally try to smack each other in a vital place using our arms, as if they were swords. :) Yep--no joke. But it is rather interesting how they play out. I've won four times, and alas! she has beaten me (much to my dismay) twice, both yesterday.

And earlier this afternoon, we were fighting over seconds for food. She kept 'dipping in' for some more mac-and-cheese, while I warned her not to. Of course, she kept doing it--so we fought. And then she noticed something that I was using to further myself in the fight. "Hey! Not fair! You have a spoon!"

Just another normal day. ;)

--
Jake

1 comment:

RED~Scribe said...

Wow. Sounds remarkably like my kind of a "normal day". Then again, normal is debatable.