Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Thousand Year Meeting

A terrible thing is about to happen...on this dark night...or was it tomorrow?

WARNING! The rabbits are in the middle of their thousand-year-meeting as I write this. I learned this from my wonderful dog, Moby. Here's a record of our conversation.

--

ME: Moby, do ye swear you will speak the truth and nothing but the truth?

MOBY: Arf!

ME: Now, are the rabbits having a secret meeting? When?

MOBY: (sniffs) Pah hahahaha.... (panting) [TRANSLATION: Yes, they are. They have it every year on September 23--the first day of Autumn.]

ME: (gasps) You mean that they are meeting right now?

MOBY: (loud sniff) [TRANSLATION; Duh.]

ME: Do you know any of their plans? Resources? Etc.?

MOBY: Or? [TRANSLATION: Ex eat eera is hard to say in Doggish...]

ME: Stay on target! Yes or no?

MOBY: (burps) [TRANSLATION: Nope.]

ME: Then how did you know of their plans?!

MOBY: (pants loudly and repeatedly) [TRANSLATION: I heard it from a friend of mind who heard it from a second cousin twice removed on his mother's side. He heard it from his sister's son--oops, make that his nephew.]

ME: (sighs disgustedly) Never mind.

--

So there you have it! Straight from the mouth of Truth. The Thousand Year Meeting is underway--who knows where it will go? To protect yourself, arm yourself with this information; it may be to your advantage.

-Every year is a thousand to rabbits. They live to be 5000 years old or older--if one has attended five Thousand-Year-Meetings, they are considered Elders and are highly honored.
-Their meeting is tomorrow. The first day of Autumn--they'll strike then.
-Their telepathic ability goes up with years. Young headstrong rabbits--always eating and hardly ever fighting, shame on them--can barely contact others in the Rabbitdreamworld.
-Some rabbits live elsewhere and attend the meeting telepathically, using their dreamworld dealio--I'm not quite sure how it works.

If you live on the American continents, BEWARE! All rabbits are out to get humans tomorrow. They'll have some sort of devious plan planned. Suicide bombers, nukes, World War 1/2...who knows?

How should you protect yourself? There is only one known thing; have your dog lay in front of the door at all times. Since it has a unique ability to trip up humans, it may trip the rabbit(s) and provide you an extra five seconds to live. : Other than that, you're on your own.

I'll keep you updated on the developments here on my blog, provided I'm not eaten.

--
Jake

4 comments:

RED~Scribe said...

OH NO!!! I DON'T HAVE A DOG!!!!!! But my friends' dog just had puppies. . . maybe I'll borrow one.

Oh, and I was bitten by a rabbit when I was young. That must have been just after their rabbit-meeting!

Also, I'm amazed you got that much out of your dog. The ones I've met aren't usually that talkative.

Nolan said...

Wow. Just wow. I thought I had taken it too far...

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

Wonderful Jake! Thanks for warning us; good thing I have 5 dogs (seriously, I do). They'll give me about...hmmm 25 extra seconds to live? Perfect. I even have an escape route planned :P

The unfortunate thing is...we don't have rabbits here.

Squeaks.

Star-Dreamer said...

*lol* Have you read "Watership Down"? Wonderful book. This post reminded me of it. :D You should totally check it out!!!