Friday, October 22, 2010

On the Upside of the Aftermath: What's Going Down?

NOTE: Much of this was written on different days. I have labeled them accordingly.


The 18th

If you didn't understand the title--well, don't worry. I didn't either. >_> There are quite a few things I do not understand about the world. Including my blog posts...it is a way I get to randome myself after a day of the world's rigorousness and rigidality. :)

Anyway, I came to tell you what is up (or down?) here in the wild worlds of Jake's imagination...so let's have a go.

Firstly, it rained (hallelujah!) this morning, and cleared up shortly afterward, leaving no clouds left in the sky--the perfect weather. Why? It gets colder during the day when it is cloudy, and colder still if it rains. It gets colder during the night if there are no clouds; yes, you heard me right. I once had the temperature go up five degrees overnight when it was cloudy... >_> <_< So that means maximum coldness for maximum happiness on my part. O.o The sooner wintertime comes, the better. No leaves to rake, no lawn to mow + snow=a happy Jake. 0.0 Ack, this algebra is getting to my head.

Speaking of the devil...I mean, *cough* algebra, I finished my Algebra 1 book, which deserves a hurrah for sure! On the downside...(or upside?) I have started my Algebra 2 book. >_<

As the title of this post says, I am on the upside (or downside?) of this aftermath...read the previous post for explanation. >_> On the bright side, another Tribe Party is being planned...and KC--where I live--is one of the possibilities. On the downside (or is it upside?) it is most likely going to take place--if it does take place--more or less a year from now. :P

And if you think the next item of interest is a poem...you are absolutely...right. Only, this isn't MY poem. It's a Bible passage...I dug it up today while doing some studying in Isaiah. Absolutely a gem--I'm going to paraphrase it and use it in my novel for sure.

"Raise the war cry, you nations, and be shattered!
Listen, all you distant lands,
Prepare for battle, and be shattered!
Prepare for battle, and be shattered!
Devise your strategy, but it will be thwarted;
Propose your plan, but it will not stand,
for God is with us." [Isaiah 8:9-10]

I'm going to look through a couple other versions before paraphrasing to get maximum effect, but tis pretty good, eh? Nothing like the Bible for epicness...unless, perhaps, tis a tribe party.

One more note on that verse: that last part of the last sentence is literally translated from Hebrew "Immanuel". Even cooler...

Also--in my novel--it is prophecy time. >_> Prophecies are always fun to write, but this one was fiendish for me to torture my character with. Particularly because it was utterly incomprehensible for him. <_< Very fun to write...though I am not entirely sure what this one section means yet. *scratches head questioningly* Well, I'll figure it sometime. ;)

Anyway, that's my two--three--no, three dozen and a half a baker's dozen--cents for today. >_> Hope to see ye all later.

The 19th

Heyo, the Jake person is back. :)

Today has been a strange cocktail of events. My math has been acting strange--but, then again, it IS math. >_>
My sister(s) (unsure how many wanted to do this, and how many drifted into doing it) rented a Barbie movie from Redbox. Undoubtedly the worst one-dollar investment they have ever made--but, hey, it gave me time to write. :)

On the upside (downside?) of things...my novel is going superbly. I have written many words--my count is now hovering just below 45,000. Hooray! Now, prophecies are being fulfilled, and the end is in sight: but I still have to get my protagonist through a couple of confusing events, collect the dracos for war, and then march off to a huge battle and rescue his mother. >_> I am anticipating to have the battle go on fairly long...and have a star appearance from...*cue applause* the EVIL ONE! *claps halfheartedly*
Oh, yeah: and did I mention I figuratively resurrected a major character? Woot. >_> He actually never died...but it still counts as a resurrection.

Also, to end with [Poeticisms], I have conducted a spoof of one of my poems. Observe the following verse:

"Darkness and light meet thundrous crash,
And through the carnage fly,
Dragons fierce, storm and smash,
Dragons live and dragons die."

Pretty epic...but this may be epicer. ^_^

"Darkness and light meet thundrous crash,
Dragons live and dragons die,
And then with a terrible smash,
Dragons poke me in the eye."

Done for today's wackiness. Check y'all later.
The 20th
Ack. Have I mentioned lately that math is terrible? >_>

On the upside (or is it downside?) my novel is now some hundred or so words above 45,000. I can feel the end approaching. Tis rather scary...O.o I am anticipating an epic battle soon--and I LOVE epic battles...because they are epic. >_>

But I had a part where I briefly considered finishing Sadaar and making a whole 'nother novel about the epic battle and the events afterward...but I decided against it. I simply did not have enough plot. But the last bit of the chapter DOES sound like the end of a novel.

"He began his story as a storyteller would; beginning with beginnings. "Over a year ago, I woke up one morning. Little did I know that that very day would change me and my course in life forever..."
"And so he told his story, the story of Sadaar."

Almost made me want to stop the novel then and there--it is a good ending. :) It reinforces the title, and it makes the reader feel 'déjà vu' >_> I need to be thinking up of good endings like that, however.

The 21st
This afternoon, when musing over some excellent novels I have been reading (one of them being Isle of Fire) I am almost completely sure I have struck on the solution and remedy for this lack of words two of my three novels have.

POV. I have but one POV in my novels: in my first, the point of view is Shad (except in the prologue), in my second, the POV is Jacesm (though this is in first person), and in my third, the POV is Aron. Each of these has but one POV--though two of the three are in third person.
Now, there is one story, and one storyteller in these novels. Think about this. If there were still the same story, but two storytellers, wouldn't the story be twice as long? Perhaps. But this may work out for a longer novel for me.... >_> Just so you know, Sadaar is longer because it has a long plot--exceedingly so. I go over the course of a year or two--which is one reason why Bryan Davis's book 'The Bones of Makaidos' is so big and fat. :) It goes over a long time as well as a lot of plot--and it has many POVs as well.
Today, the 22nd

Ah, today is Friday: a good day indeed. Fridays, after Thursdays (perhaps equaling them) are my favorite days of the week. ^_^ Very good days...

As for today--alas, I have not written in my novel. :P I really should write some more--I am getting close to the end and even closer to November: and NaNoWriMo. Nine days until NaNoWriMo--I need to finish my novel before then.

Ack, I might as well start on my Math early...as this is written at 9:10 A.M. >_<  Well, here I go...perhaps I shall write more in this post before the day is over...

...or perhaps not.

Other things?  I read Millard's post on the Tribe Party.  If ye wish to hear my thoughts on the matter, check out the comments.  I posted a lengthy one.

That is all for today.  Checking out.

--
Jake

1 comment:

RED~Scribe said...

Wow. . . I'm confused. And I totally know what you mean about math. At least you have one book done. And congrats on almost finishing your novel. Now back to my random Dutch Blitz game.