Sunday, October 17, 2010

Aftermath

The epic tribe party is over.

For those of you who don't know what the Tribe Party was, here's a summary.

For WTB and CH's book, COTSK, there was a thing they called a 'Tribe-Building Contest' where people made tribes and earned Vanadils for them. The winner of the Tribe contest--the tribe that ended with the most Vanadils--would get a variety of prizes, foremost among them a private party with both authors.

Nightwing won that contest last time, and so they got a private party. But before this, a public party--all tribes invited--was planned. Elves from the Underground forum--Swiftstormers, Silvertreers, and Nightwingers alike, to name a few tribes--were invited.

I was unable to go, as it was in Illinois.

The Tribe Party was yesterday at 2:00 central time. They set it up so that Elves that were unable to come--like me and several other people--would be able to watch it live and chat on the sidebar.

It was, in short, amazing.

WTB and CH sparred with swords, arguing all the time over heroic hair styles ("You must actually have hair in order to style it!" was one of Mr. Batson's remarks to bald Mr. Hopper). Afterwards, several readings took place, as well as a bagpipe serenade.

But the best part of the party was when Elves came up and introduced themselves to the screen. Whisper, Hark, Millard, Silver Angel, Goldarrow, Anduril--all introduced themselves. Wow...

The coolest thing? If you were unable--or didn't know that there was a party going on--to get to the streaming, it's recorded here. All of it; the entire hour.

And now I am still among the aftermath--perhaps I can go to the next Party. Ah, well...

Until next time.

E&V!

--
Jake

7 comments:

Star-Dreamer said...

I went to the booksigning afterward! I didn't make it to the party though, but it was interesting to meet so many different people. Instead of going up to someone and asking, "Hey, what's your name?" it was all, "Hey, what's your username? Ok. Now, what's your real name?" LOL!

I missed the sword fight though.
:( but I heard it was epic!

Jake said...

Heh heh.

If you look at the Underground, CH and WTB are already planning an All Tribes Party. :D Ideas are being thrown around, as well as possible places...

Star-Dreamer said...

Oh, I hope it's close enought that I can go! :D Although, I suppose I'd have to pick a tribe first. :)

Jake said...

Heh, you should pick Swiftstorm. >_> <_<

Anyway, here's the link to the discussion, if you wish to give your input. http://www.heedtheprophecies.com/theunderground/topic.php?id=528

I believe the two options right now--though they will probably change--is Kansas City and Chicago.

Jake said...

Ack! I meant to say 'are' there--instead of "is KC, etc."

Star-Dreamer said...

Oh please let it be chicago! :D

But then again, in Kansas City I could visit The International House of Prayer... *MUSES TO SELF*

Vrenith said...

I vote KC... >_>