Thursday, January 28, 2010

Novel Summary

Before I give a summary of my novel (as the post title implied) I think I'll give out some news. The 23rd was Alex's (my sister) birthday, so happy b-day Alex, even though this is a little late on the news. One year and you'll be a teen (like me!).
So anyway, I am going to (finally) give a summary of my novel. Keep in mind that it's a rough summary, and it's not quite polished up. Enjoy (hopefully).


When 14 year old Shad accidentally runs through a portal, he tumbles straight into a foreign country called Aleorendos, which being torn apart by civil war between a tyrant and the people. When he is found by two dwarves, Shad teams up with them and a dragon on dangerous quest given to them from the mysterious being Saar. Obstacle after obstacle block their way as they journey through Aleorendos, searching for the feared Tower of Bailrai, to rescue a forgotten king.

That's about it. Give me some feedback on it. You can comment, or just email me at jtbdude@gmail.com. By the way, this is in no way another human/elf/dwarf/dragon fantasy. There NO elves, and the humans, dwarves, and dragons have completely different interactions with each other than any of the fantasy books I have read.
I made sure not to go on the well paved roads of the human/elf/dwarf/dragon fantasy stories, but instead tried to go off road and make something unique.

With that, my post is now wrapped up.
Signing out,
Jake

1 comment:

momma said...

Jake - you're doing a great job with your book! I can't wait to read it! :)