Saturday, May 7, 2011

Teleportation?!

I found this verse the other day, and found it very interesting.  So, seeing as it was an...interesting verse, I thought I'd show it to you and see what you readers think. The passage is Acts 10:39-40.

"When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus and traveled about, preaching the gospel in all the towns until he reached Caesarea."

Teleportation.

In the Bible.

Beam me up, Jesus.

(Note: I have very little idea what that Star Trek phrase means, as I've never seen Star Trek.  But it seems to fit.)

--
Jake

4 comments:

T.D. said...

Hee hee, you be funny, Jake. "Beam me up," lol!

Pathfinder said...

I read that a couple of days ago and it really popped out at me. I thought "What a second, what?" I went back and reread. I hadn't imagined it.
That's another example of just how powerful and awesome God really is.

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

Oo yes! This is definitely a cool passage. I almost wonder what it would be like to get teleported in the Spirit. It has happened outside of Scriptural reference too. For instance, there was one lady who apparently was a nun in Europe yet the Spirit took her to minister to the Native Americans (or maybe it was Africans). When Europeans settled in the area of these natives the natives were already prepared to see them, even though they'd never "seen" a white person before...because this nun had been visiting them and preaching the gospel. Isn't that crazy? I wonder what it would FEEL like to be transported in that manner. O.O too cool!

Squeaks.

Seth Skogerboe said...

Love it! All the more reason to read Acts. You got me hooked, Jake! :-D