Sunday, May 8, 2011

Another Interesting Verse

I was reading in Acts again, today, and I found another interesting verse I thought I'd share.  Acts is an awesome book, and the last six chapters read like a condensed suspense novel.  Ever noticed that?  Conspiracies, attempted assassination or murder, court hearings, unfairly imprisoned characters...

Anyway, here's the verse. Acts 21:37-38.

"As the soldiers were about to take Paul into the barracks, he asked the commander, 'May I say something to you?'

'Do you speak Greek?' he replied. 'Aren’t you the Egyptian who started a revolt and led four thousand terrorists out into the desert some time ago?'"

Apparently the poor commander mistook Paul for an Egyptian terrorist.  Oops. ^_^

--
Jake

3 comments:

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

LOL! That's awesome :D I don't think I ever noticed it in that context before :P

Squeaks.

Pathfinder said...

Odd, I read that exact passage and more today. It was very good! Acts is one of my favorite books of the Bible.

Seth Skogerboe said...

This proves once more that God is the greatest Author of them all. :-) All be looking into Acts, then.