Sunday, December 5, 2010

Aye, I Have Something Up My Sleeve...

Woh, it's been a fortnight since I hath posted, hm?  Ten days! :O  Shame on me! 

Excuses first, y'know.  ;)  I have been very very very very busy these days, and I haven't TOUCHED my novel since I finished it... I was planning on doing alot of editing, but alas, events have conspired against me!   It is now the fifth of December, and Procrastination--the hideous beast it is--is crouching at my door again.  Agh! :P

But with other news, I have looked into a wonderful feature NaNoWriMo winners have available for them: the code for a free paperback copy of your own novel!! :D  I am going to take advantage of this very soon...providing I can get some editing done. Perhaps a familial Christmas present?

Anyway, I have something up my sleeve.  Soon, on my other blog, I plan to undertake an undertaking, an undertaking called socks.  Or, more specifically, NaNoWriMo socks.  Aye, I see ye know what I mean: I plan to follow in the footsteps of Millard and Whisper and write NaNoWriMo on my socks.

If ye know the story, Millard, on his blog, decided to write NaNoWriMo on his socks, so he did so and published a picture of it in his celebratory blog post.

Now, Whisper, encouraged by Millard, took up her Sharpie also and wrote NaNoWriMo on her socks as well--but she took a video of it!

So, to top it ;) I am going to write NaNoWriMo on my socks, take a video of it, and then post it on my blog!  But to make it unique *mwahahaha* I am going to write with a giant BLUE sharpie!  XD XD  I shall treasure those socks always. :|  It should be an Elvish tradition. ;)

Anyway, I just have to take up the monumental task of either finding Manny's camera for the video or finding Mom's battery-charger.  And when I say monumental..I mean monumental. :|  I have spent the last hour searching for them *sigh*

With that, my randomness of the day is done again!  Until next time, *tips hat*

--
Jake

9 comments:

T.D. said...

Dude, I'm *so* writing NaNoWriMo on MY socks now, hahahahhaha :P

Race you?

our camera needs new batteries, so it's either you find a camera first, or mine gets *recharged* first.

ta ta! I'm off to recharge the camera!!!!

**reaches up to tip hat, but discovers she is not wearing one. ack!**

Jake said...

Ahhh Director, I have a feeling ye would be greatly welcomed if ye joined the Underground. ;)

Alas, I cannot race. ;) It is almost utterly hopeless *facepalm*

Eagles Wings said...

Whisper did that? :) :p epic! I wanna see!!

Jake said...

Aye! http://chasingjabberwockies.blogspot.com/2010/12/nanowrimo.html

T.D. said...

Ah, the Underground...

would have to speak to parents.

May I ask, out of curiosity, what is the Underground for, per se??

Can I still write on my socks anyway??

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

*smiles* just remember Jake, you can never wash those socks! I put "permanent" blue sharpie on a shirt once and then washed it several days later...and it streaked my shirt :( So beware, lest the evil blue sharpie runs away (hehe pun intended)

Signed with a blazing RED sharpie ;)

Squeaks.

Vrenith said...

*grin* I told you to use the blue sharpie. :)

Jake said...

@Squeaks
Aye!

@The Director
Basically, tis a place to talk about WTB and CH's Berinfell Prophecies books, and talk about writing, and randomness, and pie, and invisible duck spies. >_> <_< But there is sooooo much to it! :D Tis an epic place of epicness. >_>

Star-Dreamer said...

hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I didn't win nanowrimo, but you know if I ever do I'm going to write nanowrimo on my socks! It is so going to happen!!!

And yes, it really should become a tradition. :)