Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Amazon Kindle

After many moons of saving--delayed by book-buying and gift-giving--I have finally bought the Kindle.  The newest version. >_>  An e-reader!  Books available in one minute in over 100 countries!  Ect. etc. etc.!  Those on the Underground know many of the Kindle's abilities... ;)  More on that later...

So I went through the tedious processes of grabbing some pictures for ye people.  Now, behold!  The Kindle on a field of white. ;)


                                    Actually, that's the Kindle in its case. ;)  Not the raw Kindle itself.


                Here here!  See the Kindle!  Tis a charcoal one.  Emily Dickinson is the current 'screensaver'.


                                                          The Kindle without its cover.


     And what is this?  It's a bird!  It's a plane!  No, it's my novel! ;)  A bit easier than printing it out, eh?


Behold!  There it is again. :)


Read the title: tis the epic novel 'By Darkness Hid' on my Kindle.  With my hand. >_>


My novel again. ;)


And take a look at this: it's the Underground! :D  In black and white. >_>


And look--there's Millard! :)

So that's my Kindle in pictoral form. >_>  What do ye think?  And ye may expect a post on E-reader vs. Paper soon.  Maybe, maybe not.  I'm terrible at promising posts and then not posting...

--
Jake

5 comments:

T.D. said...

Coolio!

Pingpong said...

Very nice Sir Jake! Glad to see the one and only mill get a mention in there ;)

Nolan said...

Interesting--I wonder why it's black and white.

Paper books all the way! I want to need to have bookshelves, not cyberspace.

Although, I must say that if I even got an iPad, I'd be using it for books quite often.

Jake said...

@Beorn
Actually, it is something called eInk--it is supposed to look exactly like paper. :) No glare in sunlight, no strain on eyes, use of old fashioned reading lights ;) etc.

Precentor said...

Goodness gracious! I made it onto a picture! Thankee Jake!

The E-reader looks sweet :D I'd..forgotten about this blog. I check the other one, but this one too!?