Saturday, August 28, 2010

How You Know You're a Tolkien Fanatic

1. You own the Silmarillion, the Hobbit, and Lord of the Rings at least, not counting the other publications. ~(Let's see, There's Book of Lost Tales I and II, The Lays of Beleriand, the Shaping of Middle-Earth, the...)

2. You own the Extended Edition of the LOTR movies. ~"Fly, you fools!"

3. You either read or watch LOTR at least once a year. ~"Eh? You want me to take the trash out? But I'm at a good part! Galadriel, who was, incidentially, one of the Noldor, who sailed across the Sea because of Feänor, the son of the King Finwë, just gave Frodo..."

4. You are constantly quoting both the books and the movies--not to mention epic spoofs. ~"Dark have been my Teenage Writer posts of late."

5. You puzzle over the LOTR Appendices. ~"Was it Arvedui who was the last King of Arthedain, or did Arthedain end before then, destroyed by the Witch-King of Angmar? I can't remember."

6. You have looked into learning Quenya. ~"Wait--consonants written twice are pronounced long??"

7. You try to get your siblings to read the books--or at least watch the movies. ~"What do you mean you want to learn Quenya with me? You haven't even read the books!"

8. You try to speak 'Tolkienish' every once and a while. ~"Lo! I cometh out of the Far West to taketh out the trash."

9. Your parents tease you about your fanaticism. ~"You know what the first sign of a Lord of the Rings fanatic is? You use L-O-T-R instead of Lord of the Rings."

10. You compare awesome things to Tolkien. ~"Wow, Mom, if J. R. R. Tolkien cooked ham, it would've tasted just like that!"

Hoped you enjoyed this little list I cooked up. XD That last quote was my Dad's.


--
Jake

3 comments:

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

XD if this post had a "like" button on it I would have clicked it!

I don't know if I am exactly what you would call a "Tolkien" fan, but I do enjoy his stuff...mind you, I should try some of the things you've suggested :)

(btw, I finished V&S!!)

Galadriel said...

As "Galadriel" I totally agree with all of these. You should visit my new blog I Firie Eleni--Quenya for "The Dying Stars"
the address is www.thedyingstars.blogspot.com

Jake said...

@Galadriel
I've actually been following it for a week or so or longer, lol. :) I'm considering learning Quenya, however. But I haven't learned any other languages to date, and my mom thinks that my time could be better spent learning a REAL language. XD