Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Whew!

I have been working my rear end off when it comes to writing and schoolwork. Among the bashing of brains against algebra, I have had some time to write. Yesterday night, I was trying to write (I was at the MOST exciting part in the entire book #2, when whatshisface found a super secret tunnel and charged into the fray) when Daddyo said out of the blue, "Jake! It's time for bed." Ouch.
So I packed up my computer (not literally) and shut it down. Today I am venting a little of my frustration. (I promised Dad I'd tell the entire world of this OUTRAGE. ;) )
My #2 novel is now at 71 pages, longer than the #1 was when I first finished it on rough draft. And it's not done, not by a long shot.
I'm planning a third book that'll have a lot of content in it, probably making it longer than ther other two. I've even laid grounds for another series.
I said to Alex a couple minutes ago, "A problem I had when I was really young, like 8 years old, was that I had no novel ideas. I'd make a title that sounded cool, and then I'd make a story to fit to the title." Now I have novel ideas coming out of my ears. And the ironic thing is, I haven't officially named them yet. ;)

Jake

No comments: