Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

We got back several days ago from the Wichita area, where we had Thanksgiving. We had the Buller Thanksgiving first, and then the Decker Thanksgiving the next day. The reason I didn't blog as soon as we got back, you ask? Two reasons (or excuses, whichever you choose.). One, I was doing schoolwork. Two, I was writing my novel, which is now finished. Actually, I only finished the rough draft of it. I am now editing the novel. And editing. Oh, and did I mention I'm editing? The total number of pages (on Microsoft Word) is 70. I have added three pages of editing since then, and hope to add some more. It's quite an acheivement though, since I started on that journey two years ago, in Iowa. Since then, I have moved to three different cities and three different houses. A lot has happened since I first wrote the first word of the first chapter of my first novel. It's sort of a memorial for what happened in the last two years.

Signing out, (Hey, I end it when I have nothing else to talk, er, write about)

Jake

2 comments:

bige said...

I'm really excited to read your novel when it is ready for public consumption. Will I get a signed copy?

momma said...

Will I get royalties??? :)