Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Circles

Circles. I really don't like circles. For more than one reason.
One; They are endless. You start on a circle, and you come back to the beginning eventually.
Two; People make books using circles.
The Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker. A circle. There's a fourth book, and it ends the way the first book in the series began.
The Song of Albion series by Stephen Lawhead. Although it uses the Endless Knot instead of a circle, the books do go in a circle like the Circle Trilogy; they end with the same words they began with.
I admit that these two authors do a great job with their books. In fact, the circle thing helps make their books better. But still... the books go endlessly on. When you finish the last book, the continuation is the first book. They don't really end.
Someday, I might even use that same concept in a novel. But I still don't like circles.

The reason I blog about circles? There is no reason. I finished the Song of Albion series (which I had gotten for Christmas) yesterday, and so I thought I'd tell you why I don't like circles. So, one day later, I decided to blog about 'em. I started typing...

'Circles. I really don't like circles...

1 comment: