Thursday, July 7, 2011

When is Jake NOT a Writer?

Never, I'd say.

And that's probably the reason why I've been disappearing from this blog.  If I have something writerly to say (and that's usually the thing I want to say), I post it on Teenage Writer.  Anything else, well, it ends up over here.

Like music.  Or videos.  Or randomness.

But those are often writer-related too.

Of late, I've been listening to the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack.  I've never seen the movies (shame on me and all that), but the soundtrack is fantastic for writing and piratical things.  And that's connected to writing too, y'know.  It's quite inspiring.  Which is one reason I've put it on my Writing Music station on "Pandora" (that site where you choose your own music and thumbs-up anything you like). For instance, here's a sample below.  Epicness.



But honestly, I can't help being a writer.  I can't get away from it.

Inspiration hit me in the shower again.  He used a bar of soap this time.

I was staring at the ceiling last night—again.  Story ideas brewing and all that.

I paced my room, my imagination whirring—again.

Can't get away from it.

What's some writerly habits you pick up, if you classify yourself as a writer?

So, we've established that soundtrack is awesome, and that I'm a writer.

O_o Okay, then.  I guess I'm out of ideas for this post. xD  Ta-ta, folks.  Make some conversation to make up for my inefficiency here.

--
Jake

4 comments:

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

Awesome music! I've never seen PotC either :P

Hmm, writerly habits eh? I'd have to say I like to walk through the scenes of my books as a character and interact with the folks in those scenes to find out what they're doing and such :P it's the best movie ever...powered by imagination of course :P

Squeaks.

Jake said...

Hard not to see swashbuckling epicness when listening to it, yes?

Indeed. For some people, it's hard to reimagine things. Myself included. I think one of my common habits is talking to myself or my characters. Literally. Aloud. O_o

Christopher said...

Now, I'm not one of those transformers fans, but have you happened to ever hear that soundtrack? It is epic. Its along the same lines as the PotC soundtrack. The songs Optimus, Autobots, and Optimus vs. Megatron are especially good.

Christopher

Jake said...

I've heard quite a bit on my writing station on Pandora, actually. It's not too bad. :)