Wednesday, March 30, 2011

10 Things on My Mind

"'Cause there's something on my mind....de dum duh de de dum dum..."  *cough*  This tag makes me think of that song. ;)  A gold star to the one who guesses the song and the artist!

Anyway, Eldra  went and tagged me in the "10 Things on My Mind" tag.  So, without further procrastination, let us begin.

1.  Books!  Novels!  Bound Paper!  Printed Paper!  Works of literary art!  Currently reading The Wormling series by Jerry B. Jenkins and Chris Fabry.  VERY good books.


2.  Lord of the Rings.  I think about them a lot. ;)  Epic movies.  I'm listening to the soundtracks from the library right now.  I especially love Pippin's song...rather haunting, aye?




Home is behind
The world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow
To the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Rather hard to sing, actually.  I tried once.  That last 'shall' likes to punch me.

3.  Writing.  Duh. ;)  Everyone who's done this tag has said writing.  Haha.  Right now I'm working on Revolution and about to rewrite some scenes into The Book of Shaldu.  It's going slowly, but hopefully I'll have some time this week to write some more.


4.  Spring. Kansas. 'Nuff said. (This isn't my image.)



5.  Evil haircutters.  Now the back of my neck itches and all character has faded from my hair.


6.  Birds. >_>


7.  Schoolwork.  It's on my mind, but not in a good way.



8.  Swords and swordfighting.  Rather sharp, aye?


9.  Guitar. >_>  Rather fun to play, aye?  I take lessons every week.  [Not my image]


10.  This.


I tag all the followers who have not yet done this tag.  You don't have to if you don't want to--but it's fun. :)

--
Jake

8 comments:

RED~Scribe said...

I didn't know that songs could punch you. But I agree, that song is hard to sing. And the rabbit picture had me loling.

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

EPIC Jake! That's Epic! I Looooove number 8! BeaUUUuuutiful!! Number 7 reminds me of my school life too hahah XD Number 5 just made me laugh ... and laugh.... and laugh. and laugh. And I'm still laughing XD (love that pic from LOTR, btw!! epic!)

Squeaks.

T.D. said...

Awesome post.

I LOVE singing Pippin's Song..... I'm afraid none of the song punches me, though. It's in the perfect key for muah.

Anyway, I loved #5. THAT made me laugh. The picture and everything. *snorts*

I'll have to do this one of these days. But if I did it right now and was honest, I would seriously embarrass myself.... :P

Vrenith said...

Aha! That song used to be my favorite, nigh on three, four years ago... IT IS: 'Something on my Mind' by Hawk Nelson. ;)

Great post! Love the rab--er, that rabbit is graphic even though its been... MODIFIED. XD

Anonymous said...

Well, it might seem a little out of place on my blog... so I'll list ten things right here!

1. The Ale Boy's Feast. I'm loving it. And I'm reading it slowly and carefully ;-)

2. School. It looms above just about everything... even on the weekend! =O

3. Google Analytics. Doesn't just about everyone want more blog visits?

4. Adam Young's (Owl City) Sky Sailing album, An Airplane Carried Me to Bed. It's a really good album.

5. The themes of The Lord of the Rings. I've been learning a lot about good storytelling from its themes... and I've also been learning a lot about life from them.

6. How anything can point to God—including....secular entertainment?!

7. The Magician's Nephew as the next Narnia movie. Not sure what I think—it's weird.

8. That, when our bunny dies, I can use the space it lives in for archery =P It's a perfectly narrow cranny with fence all around.

9. The new updates Blogger has promised all of us =D

10. The king in 2 Kings (1st?) that randomly got shot by an arrow—God's justice can't be avoided.

I hope you don't mind me taking up 2/3 of your comment space =P

Jake said...

@Eldra
They can punch--I assure you. ;)

@Squeaks
Glad it made you laugh. It makes me cower. :|

@Director
It's not really the pitch that bothers me, but the notes you have to sing one after another in that "shall". It's difficult for me. :)

@Vren
*hands a gold star* Congrats. ;) Though it was almost cheating, for you. :|

Vrenith said...

Harrumph. *crosses arms*

RED~Scribe said...

Jake, I left you an award at my blog. Although you follow my blog, so this is kind of unnecessary...