Friday, July 30, 2010

The Return of Gandosky!

It all started on a Dark and Stormy Night....

Unfortunately, I am switching the subject and turning instead to a different one--theology. :D

I have been recently reading C. S. Lewis, and I am impressed at the way he reasons and gives his opinions. I read the Screwtape Letters to begin with, and I would recommend it to anyone.

For instance, in one part, Screwtape is describing how to get a Christian to have problems with church. He explains to Wormwood (his nephew demon) how to make a Christian be dissatisfied with the church he/she is in, how to get him/her fussy about the little details and such. I was struck at how this still happens today. Everyone looks for 'the right church'--but is that right? To an extent, perhaps. I wouldn't go to a Catholic church every week for Mass because I don't agree with many of they're principles, but I shouldn't skip out of a church because I don't like the way the worship pastor sings.

So that's my two cents for today, folks. :)

See ya later--and check out the Screwtape Letters. They're worth it. :)

--
Jake

3 comments:

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

Waah!!?? what started on a dark and stormy night???

Jake said...

That's my secret... XD

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

*harumph*