Friday, February 11, 2011

Hope is Kindled

(Please disregard any posts you might see via your Blogger homepage--I assure you, they do not exist.)

Hope is an interesting concept.

When I think of hope, I think of the hope we have in Christ.

When I think of hope, I think of it on par with the word 'epic'.  It is an indescribable thing of great power, a stirring that you feel when Easter comes around, and you say "He is Risen!"  And the thundering reply of all creation: "He is Risen indeed!"

Hope is what kept Cal-raven going when despair overwhelmed him in Raven's Ladder (by Jeffrey Overstreet).  Hope fueled him.  Hope held him.

When I think of hope, I think of The Lighting of the Beacons scene in The Return of the King.  Do you remember it?  The crashing chords of music, sweeping you away in a river of stirring emotion?

And Gandalf's words hover over it all:  "Hope is Kindled."

Though I could not find a way to embed the original clip from the movie, I did make a poorly constructed Windows Movie Maker movie with the soundtrack.  Crank up the stereo system and be prepared for pure epicness.  And when it says Listen...listen.


In this movie, I gave you a short glimpse of the hope I see in the very word 'hope'.  Do you see it?

Ponder it.  

And remember the hope that we have.

--
Jake

No comments: